Monday, August 29, 2011

The Life and Times of Three Happy Chicks






So here we are again.... last night Norman and I had the chickens out and were admiring their new plumage. They are looking more and more like their adult selves. I have some recent photos to share. Mainly me and my chickens on my shoulders. I have to admit it was really weird to get used to them that close to my ears..but they don't peck me they just get comfy and have a nap. Rarely are the three of them ever separated....so if one of us is holding them, one must be prepared to hold all three at the same time. whew! what a task. First they fight over the shoulders and you get wings flapped in your face and poo dropping here and there...then they settle and sit quietly.

They are growing new feathers and when that happens they leave behind and trail of little white things which, when they sit on your shoulders leaves you looking like you need a big bottle of Head and Shoulders. LOL!

I can't wait to see how they react to the big outdoors... in the mean time I hope you enjoy the new photos. Ta for now! xx

1 comment:

Christina said...

Phoenix says, "Look at Lindsey and her pet store. What cute chickens! So cute!" xoxo